Upon his appointment as Director General of NASSIT on the 30th May 2018, Mr. Mohamed Fuaad Daboh took time off...
Thursday, 7th June, 2018 was a red letter day in the history of NASSIT as the erstwhile Director General, Mr...
The National Social Security Insurance Trust (NASSIT) on Friday commissioned its new West-West sub-office at 132C Wilkinson Road, Freetown. This...
The Director General of the National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT) Mr. Joseph Mans has met with his Gambian...
The National Social Security and Insurance Trust is a Statutory Public Trust set up by the National Social Security and Insurance Trust Act. No. 5 of 2001 to administer the Sierra Leone’s National Pension’s Scheme. The Trust was established to provide retirement and other benefits to meet the contingency needs for workers and their dependants.
THE CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE TRUST ARE:
- Registration of employers and employees
- Collection and recording of contributions
- The maintenance of records on contributions and insured earnings
- Compliance and enforcement procedures
- The reception and assessment of benefits claims and;
- The calculation and payment of benefits